North Hollywood Car Accident Lawyer
Drake Law Firm Has Experience Helping Automobile Accident Victims
Bear in mind that obtaining assistance from a professional and seasoned car accident attorney may be vital. This is particularly true after a serious injury.
If you wait too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully understand your damages, vital evidence may vanish. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery.
We understand that when you have serious injuries, you can not thoroughly and immediately evaluate the cause of the accident and gather information. It is even more difficult to deal with the insurance carriers.
Allow our North Hollywood automobile accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not allow the other driver talk you into skipping this crucial step. It can lead to issues later.
- Exchange info with the other motorist. Take good pictures of the other party's I.D. and insurance info. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Take down witness information. Independent witness testimony can be crucial to your case.
- Take photos of the accident scene and the damage to your car and the other vehicles.
- Get medical care. If you have injuries, go to the emergency room or seek medical care as soon as possible. You may have sustained far more severe injuries than you realized. Additionally, a long gap between an accident and also medical treatment can make it hard for your lawyer to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Contact our North Hollywood auto accident attorneys right away. The sooner you have a lawyer, the sooner they can start defending your legal rights. Also, call an attorney before you speak to any auto insurance provider. They will usually try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later.
What Damages Can I Have After a Car Accident?
- Medical costs, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and psychological anguish for which an individual can seek compensation in a lawsuit.
- Lost income from missing work after a serious injury, among the most financially damaging aspects of a car accident.
What Are the Most Common Automobile Accident Injuries?
There are a variety of injuries that can result from auto accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is much more significant, it can require surgery to repair.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are usually soft tissue injuries that resolve with therapy. However, sometimes accident victims suffer herniated discs that may need injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether mild (like a concussion) or extreme, TBIs can require years of medical care. They may also cause brain death, vegetative states, comas, and also death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims suffer large cuts that require stitches or staples and often leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries often require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, but it can also come from airbags. Our office has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Death-- Tragically, numerous individuals die each year in North Hollywood area car accidents.
What Factors Impact My Settlement?
Calculating how much compensation you should anticipate from your settlement can be challenging because the amount depends greatly on the facts of your case. A knowledgeable North Hollywood car accident lawyer will calculate your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best decision on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer's job is to negotiate with the insurance providers on your behalf until they obtain a top offer from the insurance provider. If that offer is reasonable, you settle. If not, your attorney can file a lawsuit.
Variables that impact settlement value consist of:
- The extent of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it's much harder to acquire a high settlement from them. If the motorist has no or minimum insurance, the case may need to depend on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether liability is clear or disputed. As an example, the other party might not challenge liability in a rear-end accident however might in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one responsible party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party showed gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical costs as well as other losses, such as missed wages from work.
- Your ability to go back to work.
- The change in your quality of life before and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses.
Call our law firm if you 'd like more information regarding the potential value of your case.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help You
If you sustained injuries in an automobile accident, or someone you love tragically died, let the automobile accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm help you evaluate and know your legal rights and potential remedies. Additionally, we can help you obtain the compensation you need to recover completely.
The automobile accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm have experience representing North Hollywood drivers and passengers who sustained injuries in automobile accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the essential and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
At Drake Law Firm, we've assisted numerous personal injury clients to get the compensation they require to recover. We won't let you accept unfair treatment from other law firms and we will defend you from beginning to end. If you need help with a Car Accident Lawyer in North Hollywood, California, give us a call at (844) 513-7253 for a FREE consultation or visit our website at DrakeLawGroup.com to get started on your case today!