Contact Drake Law Firm for you Free Consultation.
For a quicker response, please call us now at 844-513-7253
- Free Consultation
- Never Pay Anything Out Of Pocket
- Over $150 Million For Our Clients
- We Come to You
California Truck Accident Attorney
Request a FREE Case Review: 844-513-7253
If you or someone you love has been harmed in a crash involving a commercial truck or tractor-trailer, protecting your right to compensation can be crucial to covering your losses and future needs.
At Drake Law Firm, our team of attorneys, paralegals, and support staff have over 10 years of collective experience fighting for victims who have suffered due to the negligence and wrongdoing of others. We are passionate about fighting for our clients, and we are prepared to put our resources to work for you.
Why Clients Choose Drake Law Firm
- We have recovered more than $150 million in compensation for our clients
- We offer FREE case evaluations, and charge NO FEES unless we win
- Our award-winning attorneys focus exclusively on personal injury
- We make personal attention and client satisfaction our priorities
Attorney Benjamin Drake founded our firm with the belief that every client deserves to be treated as a real person, not a number. He provides his personal cell phone information to all victims and families, and makes himself available to ensure any questions and concerns are promptly addressed.
After a serious accident, having caring advocates in your corner make all the difference. Learn more about our firm and your potential claim when you call 844-513-7253 for a FREE consultation.
We Handle All Types of Truck Accident Cases
Commercial trucks come in all shapes and sizes, but they all share the devastating potential for causing life-changing accidents. At Drake Law Firm, we know how to investigate truck wrecks, and we are intimately familiar with the trucking regulations with which drivers and companies must comply.
Our team has the resources to take on all types of truck accident cases, including:
- 18-wheeler / semi-truck accidents
- Delivery truck accidents
- Distracted driving
- Drunk or impaired driving
- Negligent hiring or retention of unfit drivers
- Violations of FMCSA regulations
- Hours-of-Service violations / driver fatigue
- Overloaded or negligently loaded cargo
- Jackknife accidents, underride accidents, and lane departures
- Poorly maintained equipment / inadequate maintenance
- Failure to adequately inspect vehicles and cargo
Who Is Liable for My Truck Accident?
That depends. Like any personal injury matter, truck accidents are fact-specific and require in-depth investigation to determine the underlying cause, the availability of insurance coverage, and who can be named as the defendant(s).
Our team at Drake Law Firm is available to review the specifics of your case and which parties may potentially bear liability for your damages. Some examples of defendants in trucking cases include:
- Truck driver: Truck drivers are obligated to comply with traffic laws just like other motorists. They are also required to abide by numerous state and federal trucking regulations, including those which prohibit driving for extended periods without a rest break, require drivers to be regularly tested for alcohol and drugs, obtain medical certifications, and more.
- Trucking company: Trucking companies are ultimately responsible for their employees, and can be held liable for damages caused by a worker in the course of their job. Trucking operators may also be liable for their own negligence or wrongful acts, such as violating federal trucking laws related to Hours-of-Service (i.e. overworking drivers), failing to take reasonable measures to inspect trucks and maintain a safe fleet, or negligently hiring or retaining unfit truckers.
- Third-party maintenance or distribution company: Commercial trucking is an industry filled with many different contractors who perform essential or supplementary jobs, such as those which handle fleet maintenance or cargo loading and distribution. If the cause of your accident and injuries can be traced to the negligent acts of third-party contractor, they may bear some liability for your damages, depending on the circumstances.
- Other motorists: Given the size of commercial trucks, it is not uncommon for trucking wrecks to involve multiple vehicles. Though multi-vehicle accidents can add challenges to the personal injury process, a skilled attorney can investigate whether another motorist may have caused or contributed to a wreck, and whether they can be held partially or wholly liable.
- Product manufacturers: Negligence is not the only cause of preventable wrecks; some crashes result from defectively designed, manufactured, or marketed vehicles or vehicle components. Depending on the facts of a case, it may be possible to hold manufacturers, distributors, retailers, and others responsible for a defective product liable for a victim’s damages.
Trucking regulations can be complex and difficult to understand, as can the process of determining liability and establishing the essential elements needed to prevail in a claim.
At Drake Law Firm, we offer clients the experience, resources, and professional connections needed to work these challenging cases. From tapping into our knowledge of trucking laws to leveraging our insight working with investigators, law enforcement officials, and insurance companies, we know how to gather the facts and build strong and effective claims.
Proven Truck Accident Attorneys Serving California
Based in Woodland Hills, Drake Law Firm has earned the trust of communities across California, and has recovered millions in compensation on behalf of our clients.
With the experience and resources to handle high-stakes claims, you can feel confident about choosing our team after a serious truck wreck. Because we make client satisfaction a top priority, you can also rest assured knowing you will be able to access a caring member of your team throughout your case.
To discuss your truck accident and whether you may have grounds to pursue legal action, call or contact us online for a FREE case evaluation.