Woodland Hills Automobile Accident Attorney
Drake Law Firm Has Experience Helping Automobile Accident Victims
Keep in mind that getting help from a professional and skilled car accident attorney may be vital. This is particularly true after a severe injury.
If you delay too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully understand your damages, essential evidence might disappear. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your healing.
We know that when you have severe injuries, you can not carefully and instantly assess the cause of the accident and also collect information. It is even more difficult to handle the insurance companies.
Let our Woodland Hills automobile accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not let the other driver talk you into skipping this important step. It can cause problems in the future.
- Exchange info with the other driver. Take good pictures of the other party's I.D. and insurance information. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Take down witness information. Independent witness testimony can be vital to your case.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and the damage to your car and the other vehicles.
- Get medical care. If you have injuries, visit the emergency room or get medical attention as soon as possible. You could have suffered much more severe injuries than you realized. Further, an extensive gap between an accident as well as medical care can make it hard for your lawyer to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Get in touch with our Woodland Hills car accident attorneys ASAP. The sooner you have an attorney, the sooner they can start protecting your legal rights. Additionally, call an attorney before you speak with any auto insurance provider. They will usually try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later.
What Damages Can I Have After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Medical costs, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, etc.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and mental distress for which a person can seek compensation in a lawsuit.
- Lost income from missing work after a major injury, one of the most financially detrimental elements of a car accident.
What Are the Most Typical Automobile Accident Injuries?
There are a range of injuries that can result from car accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is more serious, it can need surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are usually soft tissue injuries that resolve with therapy. However, in some cases accident victims suffer herniated discs that might need injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether mild (like a concussion) or extreme, TBIs can require years of medical care. They can also cause brain death, vegetative states, comas, and also death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims sustain large cuts that need stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries frequently require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, yet it can also come from airbags. Our office has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Death-- Tragically, hundreds of individuals die every year in Woodland Hills area auto accidents.
What Aspects Impact My Settlement?
Identifying just how much compensation you should anticipate from your settlement can be tough since the amount depends heavily on the facts of your case. A seasoned Woodland Hills automobile accident attorney will determine your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the right choice on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your attorney's job is to negotiate with the insurance providers on your behalf until they obtain a top offer from the insurance provider. If that offer is reasonable, you settle. Otherwise, your attorney can file a lawsuit.
Aspects that affect settlement value include:
- The extent of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it's much harder to obtain a high settlement from them. If the driver has no or minimal insurance, the claim might have to depend on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether liability is clear or objected to. As an example, the other celebration may not contest obligation in a rear-end accident yet might in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one liable party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party acted with gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical expenses as well as other losses, such as lost wages from work.
- Your ability to go back to work.
- The change in your quality of life prior to and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses.
Contact our law firm if you 'd like more info about the possible value of your claim.
Our Accident Attorneys Are Here to Help You
If you sustained injuries in an auto accident, or somebody you love tragically passed away, let the automobile accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm help you evaluate and understand your rights and potential solutions. Further, we can help you receive the compensation you need to recover completely.
The automobile accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm have experience representing Woodland Hills drivers and passengers that suffered injuries in motor vehicle accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the essential and difficult tasks of recovery and getting your life back in order.
At Drake Law Firm, we've assisted numerous personal injury clients to get the compensation they require to recover. We won't let you accept unfair treatment from other law firms and we will defend you from beginning to end. If you need help with an Automobile Accident Attorney in Woodland Hills, California, give us a call at (844) 513-7253 for a FREE consultation or visit our website at DrakeLawGroup.com to get started on your case today!