San Fernando Valley Car Accident Lawyer
Drake Law Firm Has Experience Helping Car Accident Victims
Keep in mind that acquiring help from a qualified and knowledgeable automobile accident lawyer might be crucial. This is particularly true after a major injury.
If you wait too long in seeking your claims or fail to fully understand your damages, essential evidence might disappear. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your healing.
We know that when you have severe injuries, you can not thoroughly and instantly examine the source of the accident and also collect information. It is even harder to deal with the insurance providers.
Allow our San Fernando Valley automobile accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not allow the other driver talk you into skipping this critical step. It can lead to problems later on.
- Exchange info with the other motorist. Take good photos of the other side's I.D. and insurance information. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Take down witness info. Independent witness testimony can be critical to your claim.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and the damage to your vehicle as well as the other vehicles.
- Get medical attention. If you have injuries, visit the emergency room or get medical care right away. You could have suffered much more serious injuries than you realized. Additionally, an extensive gap between an accident and also medical care can make it difficult for your lawyer to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Contact our San Fernando Valley auto accident attorneys right away. The sooner you have an attorney, the faster they can start defending your legal rights. Also, call a lawyer before you speak to any car insurance provider. They will typically try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After a Car Accident?
- Medical costs, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, etc.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and psychological anguish for which a person can seek compensation in a case.
- Lost income from missing work after a severe injury, among the most financially detrimental aspects of an automobile accident.
What Are the Most Usual Automobile Accident Injuries?
There are a range of injuries that can result from auto accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is more severe, it can need surgery to repair.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are usually soft tissue injuries that resolve with treatment. However, sometimes accident victims sustain herniated discs that might need injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether mild (like a concussion) or severe, TBIs can require years of medical care. They may also result in brain death, vegetative states, comas, and also death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims suffer large cuts that need stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries often require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, but it can also come from airbags. Our office has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Death-- Unfortunately, hundreds of individuals die every year in San Fernando Valley area auto accidents.
What Variables Impact My Settlement?
Calculating how much compensation you should expect from your settlement can be tough since the amount depends heavily on the facts of your case. A seasoned San Fernando Valley car accident attorney will determine your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the right choice on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer's job is to negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf until they acquire a top offer from the insurance company. If that offer is fair, you settle. If not, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Factors that impact settlement value include:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it's much more difficult to obtain a high settlement from them. If the driver has no or minimum insurance, the case may have to depend on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether liability is clear or opposed. For instance, the other celebration may not dispute obligation in a rear-end accident yet could in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one liable party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party showed gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical expenses and other losses, such as missed wages from work.
- Your ability to go back to work.
- The change in your quality of life before and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses.
Get in touch with our law firm if you 'd like more information about the potential value of your case.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Assist You
If you sustained injuries in a car accident, or somebody you love tragically passed away, let the automobile accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm help you evaluate and understand your rights and potential solutions. Further, we can help you obtain the compensation you need to recover fully.
The car accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm have experience representing San Fernando Valley drivers and passengers that sustained injuries in automobile accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the essential and difficult tasks of recovery and getting your life back in order.
At Drake Law Firm, we've assisted numerous personal injury clients to get the compensation they require to recover. We won't let you accept unfair treatment from other law firms and we will defend you from beginning to end. If you need help with Car Accident Lawyer in San Fernando Valley, California, give us a call at (844) 513-7253 for a FREE consultation or visit our website at DrakeLawGroup.com to get started on your case today!