Encino Car Accident Lawyer
Drake Law Firm Has Experience Serving Car Accident Victims
Bear in mind that getting assistance from a competent and skilled automobile accident attorney may be critical. This is especially true after a major injury.
If you delay too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully comprehend your damages, vital evidence may disappear. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery.
We know that when you have severe injuries, you can not thoroughly and immediately analyze the cause of the accident and gather information. It is even more difficult to handle the insurance companies.
Let our Encino car accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not let the other driver talk you into skipping this important step. It can lead to problems later.
- Exchange information with the other driver. Take good photos of the other side's I.D. and insurance information. Some police departments will not make this info publicly available on the police report.
- Take down witness info. Independent witness testimony can be critical to your case.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and also the damages to your car as well as the other vehicles.
- Get medical care. If you have injuries, go to the emergency room or seek medical care right away. You could have sustained much more serious injuries than you realized. Additionally, a long gap between an accident and also medical care can make it challenging for your lawyer to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Contact our Encino car accident attorneys right away. The sooner you have a lawyer, the sooner they can begin defending your legal rights. Additionally, call an attorney before you speak with any car insurance company. They will typically try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After a Car Accident?
- Medical expenses, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and psychological distress for which an individual can pursue compensation in a lawsuit.
- Lost income from missing work after a severe injury, among the most financially damaging aspects of an automobile accident.
What Are the Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
There are a range of injuries that can result from car accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is more serious, it can need surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are often soft tissue injuries that resolve with treatment. However, sometimes accident victims suffer herniated discs that may need injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether minor (like a concussion) or extreme, TBIs can require years of treatment. They may also result in brain death, vegetative states, comas, and also death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims suffer large cuts that require stitches or staples and often leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries often require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, but it can also come from airbags. Our firm has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Fatality-- Unfortunately, thousands of people die every year in Encino area auto accidents.
What Variables Affect My Settlement?
Calculating how much compensation you should expect from your settlement can be challenging since the amount depends greatly on the facts of your case. An experienced Encino car accident attorney will calculate your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best decision on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer's job is to negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf until they acquire a top offer from the insurance company. If that offer is reasonable, you settle. If not, your attorney can file a lawsuit.
Factors that impact settlement value include:
- The extent of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it's much more difficult to get a high settlement from them. If the driver has no or minimum insurance, the claim might need to rely on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether responsibility is clear or disputed. For example, the other event may not dispute responsibility in a rear-end accident but might in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one liable party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party showed gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical costs as well as other losses, such as lost income from work.
- Your ability to return to work.
- The change in your quality of life prior to and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket costs.
Contact our law firm if you 'd like more info regarding the possible value of your case.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help You
If you suffered injuries in an automobile accident, or someone you love tragically died, allow the automobile accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm help you evaluate and know your rights and potential remedies. Additionally, we can help you get the compensation you need to recover fully.
The auto accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm have experience working with Encino drivers and passengers that sustained injuries in car accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to focus on the essential and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
At Drake Law Firm, we've assisted numerous personal injury clients to get the compensation they require to recover. We won't let you accept unfair treatment from other law firms and we will defend you from beginning to end. If you need help with a Car Accident Lawyer in Encino, California, give us a call at (844) 513-7253 for a FREE consultation or visit our website at DrakeLawGroup.com to get started on your case today!