Burbank Car Accident Lawyer
Drake Law Firm Has Experience Serving Automobile Accident Victims
Keep in mind that getting assistance from a professional and knowledgeable automobile accident attorney might be vital. This is especially true after a significant injury.
If you delay too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully understand your damages, vital evidence might disappear. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your healing.
We know that when you have major injuries, you can not thoroughly and immediately examine the source of the accident and also collect information. It is even more difficult to handle the insurance companies.
Let our Burbank auto accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not let the other driver talk you into skipping this crucial step. It can cause problems in the future.
- Exchange info with the other motorist. Take good pictures of the other side's I.D. and insurance info. Some police departments will not make this info publicly available on the police report.
- Note witness info. Independent witness testimony can be vital to your claim.
- Take photos of the accident scene and the damages to your vehicle as well as the other vehicles.
- Seek medical attention. If you have injuries, go to the emergency room or seek medical attention as soon as possible. You could have sustained far more significant injuries than you realized. Further, a long gap between an accident and medical treatment can make it hard for your lawyer to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Contact our Burbank auto accident attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you have a lawyer, the sooner they can start defending your legal rights. Additionally, call an attorney before you talk to any car insurance carrier. They will often try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After a Car Accident?
- Medical costs, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, etc.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and psychological distress for which an individual can seek compensation in a case.
- Lost income from missing work after a severe injury, one of the most financially detrimental elements of an automobile accident.
What Are the Most Usual Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries?
There are a range of injuries that can result from car accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is much more serious, it can need surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are frequently soft tissue injuries that resolve with treatment. However, sometimes accident victims sustain herniated discs that may require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether minor (like a concussion) or severe, TBIs can require years of treatment. They might also cause brain death, vegetative states, comas, and also death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims sustain large cuts that need stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries frequently require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, yet it can also come from airbags. Our office has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Death-- Unfortunately, hundreds of people die every year in Burbank area car accidents.
What Elements Affect My Settlement?
Calculating how much compensation you should expect from your settlement can be difficult because the amount depends heavily on the facts of your case. A seasoned Burbank car accident lawyer will calculate your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best choice on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer's job is to negotiate with the insurance providers on your behalf until they acquire a top offer from the insurance provider. If that offer is reasonable, you settle. Otherwise, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Aspects that affect settlement value consist of:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the driver has little to no insurance, it's much harder to obtain a high settlement from them. If the driver has no or minimal insurance, the case may have to rely on your own uninsured/underinsured driver coverage for compensation.
- Whether responsibility is clear or opposed. As an example, the other party might not dispute obligation in a rear-end accident yet could in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one liable party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party acted with gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical expenses and other losses, such as lost income from work.
- Your ability to go back to work.
- The change in your quality of life prior to and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses.
Call our law firm if you 'd like more information regarding the possible value of your case.
Our Accident Attorneys Are Here to Help You
If you sustained injuries in a motor vehicle accident, or somebody you love tragically died, allow the car accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm help you evaluate and understand your legal rights and possible remedies. Further, we can help you get the compensation you need to recover completely.
The auto accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm have experience representing Burbank motorists and passengers who sustained injuries in auto accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is needed to help you recover. This allows you to focus on the important and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
At Drake Law Firm, we've assisted numerous personal injury clients to get the compensation they require to recover. We won't let you accept unfair treatment from other law firms and we will defend you from beginning to end. If you need help with a Car Accident Lawyer in Burbank, California, give us a call at (844) 513-7253 for a FREE consultation or visit our website at DrakeLawGroup.com to get started on your case today!