Glendale Car Accident Lawyer
Bear in mind that getting help from a competent and knowledgeable motor vehicle accident lawyer can be crucial. This is particularly true after a serious injury.
If you wait too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully understand your damages, vital evidence might disappear. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery.
We know that when you have major injuries, you can not carefully and immediately analyze the source of the accident and also gather information. It is even more difficult to deal with the insurance providers.
Let our Glendale automobile accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not allow the other driver to talk you into skipping this critical step. It can lead to problems later on.
- Exchange info with the other motorist. Take good pictures of the other party's I.D. and insurance info. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Note witness info. Independent witness testimony can be critical to your claim.
- Take photos of the accident scene as well as the damage to your vehicle and the other cars.
- Get medical care. If you have injuries, visit the emergency room or get medical attention immediately. You might have sustained much more severe injuries than you realized. Additionally, an extensive gap between an accident as well as medical treatment can make it challenging for your attorney to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Get in touch with our Glendale auto accident lawyers ASAP. The sooner you have a lawyer, the sooner they can begin protecting your legal rights. Also, call a lawyer before you speak with any auto insurance company. They will usually try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After a Car Accident?
- Medical expenses, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and psychological anguish for which a person can pursue compensation in a claim.
- Lost income from missing work after a serious injury, among the most financially harmful aspects of a motor vehicle accident.
What Are the Most Typical Car Accident Injuries?
There are a number of injuries that can result from auto accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is more significant, it can need surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are usually soft tissue injuries that resolve with therapy. However, in some cases accident victims sustain herniated discs that may require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether mild (like a concussion) or extreme, TBIs can require years of treatment. They can also cause brain death, vegetative states, comas, and also death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims sustain large cuts that require stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries frequently require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, yet it can also come from airbags. Our office has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Death-- Unfortunately, numerous individuals die each year in Glendale area car accidents.
What Factors Affect My Settlement?
Calculating how much compensation you should anticipate from your settlement can be hard since the amount depends heavily on the facts of your case. A seasoned Glendale motor vehicle accident attorney will calculate your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best decision on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer's job is to negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf until they obtain a top offer from the insurance provider. If that offer is reasonable, you settle. Otherwise, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Factors that impact settlement value consist of:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it's much more difficult to get a high settlement from them. If the driver has no or minimal insurance, the claim might need to rely on your own uninsured/underinsured driver coverage for compensation.
- Whether liability is clear or disputed. For example, the other event may not contest obligation in a rear-end accident yet might in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one responsible party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party acted with gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical costs as well as other losses, such as lost income from work.
- Your ability to return to work.
- The change in your quality of life before and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket costs.
Get in touch with our law firm if you 'd like more information about the potential value of your case.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help You
If you suffered injuries in an auto accident, or someone you love tragically died, let the car accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm help you evaluate and understand your legal rights and possible remedies. Further, we can help you obtain the compensation you need to recover fully.
The automobile accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm have experience representing Glendale drivers and passengers that sustained injuries in automobile accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the important and difficult tasks of recovery and getting your life back in order.
At Drake Law Firm, we've assisted numerous personal injury clients to get the compensation they require to recover. We won't let you accept unfair treatment from other law firms and we will defend you from beginning to end. If you need help with a Car Accident Lawyer in Glendale, California, give us a call at (844) 513-7253 for a FREE consultation or visit our website at DrakeLawGroup.com to get started on your case today!