Reseda Car Accident Attorney
Drake Law Firm Has Experience Assisting Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
Keep in mind that acquiring assistance from a qualified and knowledgeable car accident attorney might be vital. This is especially true after a severe injury.
If you wait too long in seeking your claims or fail to fully understand your damages, crucial evidence may vanish. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery.
We know that when you have major injuries, you can not thoroughly and instantly assess the cause of the accident and also collect information. It is even more difficult to deal with the insurance companies.
Let our Reseda motor vehicle accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After an Automobile Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not let the other motorist talk you into skipping this important step. It can cause issues later on.
- Exchange info with the other driver. Take good photos of the other side's I.D. and insurance info. Some police departments will not make this info publicly available on the police report.
- Take down witness info. Independent witness testimony can be vital to your claim.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and the damage to your car as well as the other cars.
- Get medical attention. If you have injuries, go to the emergency room or seek medical care right away. You could have suffered much more severe injuries than you realized. Further, an extensive gap between an accident as well as medical care can make it challenging for your attorney to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Contact our Reseda car accident attorneys right away. The quicker you have an attorney, the faster they can start defending your legal rights. Also, call a lawyer before you speak to any car insurance company. They will typically try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Medical expenses, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, etc.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and psychological distress for which a person can seek compensation in a lawsuit.
- Lost income from missing work after a serious injury, among the most financially damaging aspects of a motor vehicle accident.
What Are the Most Usual Automobile Accident Injuries?
There are a variety of injuries that can result from auto accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is much more severe, it can require surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are typically soft tissue injuries that resolve with therapy. However, sometimes accident victims sustain herniated discs that might require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether minor (like a concussion) or severe, TBIs can require years of medical care. They may also lead to brain death, vegetative states, comas, and also death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims suffer large cuts that need stitches or staples and often leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries often require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, yet it can also come from airbags. Our firm has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Fatality-- Unfortunately, numerous individuals die each year in Reseda area auto accidents.
What Elements Affect My Settlement?
Calculating how much compensation you should expect from your settlement can be challenging because the amount depends heavily on the facts of your case. A seasoned Reseda motor vehicle accident lawyer will calculate your economic and non-economic damages. They can also help you make the right decision on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer's job is to negotiate with the insurance providers on your behalf until they acquire a top offer from the insurance carrier. If that offer is fair, you settle. If not, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Factors that affect settlement value consist of:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the driver has little to no insurance, it's much more difficult to receive a high settlement from them. If the driver has no or minimal insurance, the claim may need to depend on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether liability is clear or opposed. For example, the other party may not contest liability in a rear-end accident however might in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one liable party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party acted with gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical costs as well as other losses, such as missed income from work.
- Your ability to go back to work.
- The change in your quality of life prior to and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses.
Call our law firm if you 'd like more info regarding the possible value of your case.
Our Accident Attorneys Are Here to Help You
If you suffered injuries in a motor vehicle accident, or someone you love tragically died, allow the motor vehicle accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm help you assess and know your legal rights and potential remedies. Additionally, we can help you obtain the compensation you need to recover fully.
The auto accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm have experience working with Reseda drivers and passengers who suffered injuries in auto accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the important and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
At Drake Law Firm, we've assisted numerous personal injury clients to get the compensation they require to recover. We won't let you accept unfair treatment from other law firms and we will defend you from beginning to end. If you need help with Car Accidents in Reseda, California, give us a call at (844) 513-7253 for a FREE consultation or visit our website at DrakeLawGroup.com to get started on your case today!