Studio City Automobile Accident Lawyer
Drake Law Firm Has Experience Serving Car Accident Victims
Keep in mind that obtaining assistance from a competent and skilled automobile accident attorney may be critical. This is particularly true after a severe injury.
If you delay too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully understand your damages, essential evidence might vanish. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery.
We understand that when you have serious injuries, you can not thoroughly and instantly examine the cause of the accident and collect information. It is even more difficult to deal with the insurance carriers.
Let our Studio City auto accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not let the other motorist talk you into skipping this important step. It can result in issues later on.
- Exchange information with the other driver. Take good pictures of the other party's I.D. and insurance info. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Note witness information. Independent witness testimony can be vital to your case.
- Take photos of the accident scene and the damages to your car and the other cars.
- Get medical care. If you have injuries, go to the emergency room or seek medical attention right away. You could have suffered far more serious injuries than you realized. Further, an extensive gap between an accident and medical treatment can make it hard for your lawyer to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Contact our Studio City auto accident attorneys ASAP. The sooner you have an attorney, the faster they can start protecting your legal rights. Additionally, call a lawyer before you talk to any auto insurance carrier. They will typically try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Medical costs, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and mental anguish for which an individual can seek compensation in a claim.
- Lost income from missing work after a severe injury, one of the most financially detrimental elements of an automobile accident.
What Are the Most Common Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries?
There are a range of injuries that can result from car accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is more severe, it can require surgery to repair.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are typically soft tissue injuries that resolve with treatment. However, in some cases accident victims sustain herniated discs that might require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether mild (like a concussion) or extreme, TBIs can require years of treatment. They might also result in brain death, vegetative states, comas, and even death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims suffer large cuts that need stitches or staples and often leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries often require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, but it can also come from airbags. Our firm has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Death-- Tragically, hundreds of people die every year in Studio City area auto accidents.
What Elements Affect My Settlement?
Identifying just how much compensation you should anticipate from your settlement can be challenging since the amount depends heavily on the facts of your case. An experienced Studio City motor vehicle accident lawyer will determine your economic and non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best choice on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your attorney's job is to negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf until they acquire a top offer from the insurance carrier. If that offer is fair, you settle. Otherwise, your attorney can file a lawsuit.
Factors that affect settlement value include:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the driver has little to no insurance, it's much harder to receive a high settlement from them. If the driver has no or minimum insurance, the case might have to rely on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether responsibility is clear or objected to. For instance, the other event may not dispute responsibility in a rear-end accident yet may in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one liable party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party acted with gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical expenses and other losses, such as missed wages from work.
- Your ability to go back to work.
- The change in your quality of life prior to and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket costs.
Get in touch with our law firm if you 'd like more info about the potential value of your claim.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Assist You
If you suffered injuries in an auto accident, or someone you love tragically passed away, let the automobile accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm help you evaluate and understand your rights and potential remedies. Additionally, we can help you receive the compensation you need to recover completely.
The automobile accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm have experience representing Studio City drivers and passengers who suffered injuries in motor vehicle accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is needed to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the important and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
At Drake Law Firm, we've assisted numerous personal injury clients to get the compensation they require to recover. We won't let you accept unfair treatment from other law firms and we will defend you from beginning to end. If you need help with Automobile Accidents in Studio City, California, give us a call at (844) 513-7253 for a FREE consultation or visit our website at DrakeLawGroup.com to get started on your case today!