Panorama City Car Accident Lawyer
Drake Law Firm Has Experience Helping Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
Bear in mind that acquiring assistance from a professional and skilled car accident attorney can be crucial. This is especially true after a significant injury.
If you delay too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully comprehend your damages, important evidence may disappear. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery.
We know that when you have serious injuries, you can not carefully and immediately analyze the source of the accident and also gather information. It is even more difficult to handle the insurance providers.
Allow our Panorama City automobile accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After an Automobile Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not allow the other motorist to talk you into skipping this crucial step. It can lead to issues later.
- Exchange information with the other driver. Take good pictures of the other side's I.D. and insurance info. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Take down witness info. Independent witness testimony can be vital to your case.
- Take pictures of the accident scene as well as the damages to your vehicle as well as the other vehicles.
- Get medical attention. If you have injuries, go to the emergency room or seek medical care as soon as possible. You may have sustained much more severe injuries than you realized. Further, an extensive gap between an accident as well as medical treatment can make it hard for your attorney to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Call our Panorama City car accident lawyers right away. The sooner you have a lawyer, the faster they can start protecting your legal rights. Also, call a lawyer before you speak to any car insurance carrier. They will often try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later.
What Damages Can I Have After an Automobile Accident?
- Medical costs, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and mental distress for which a person can pursue compensation in a case.
- Lost income from missing work after a severe injury, one of the most financially damaging elements of a motor vehicle accident.
What Are the Most Usual Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries?
There are a variety of injuries that can result from auto accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is much more significant, it can require surgery to repair.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are frequently soft tissue injuries that resolve with treatment. However, in some cases accident victims sustain herniated discs that might require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether minor (like a concussion) or extreme, TBIs can require years of treatment. They can also lead to brain death, vegetative states, comas, and even death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims suffer large cuts that require stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries often require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, yet it can also come from airbags. Our office has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Fatality-- Tragically, hundreds of individuals die every year in Panorama City area car accidents.
What Aspects Affect My Settlement?
Calculating how much compensation you should anticipate from your settlement can be tough since the amount depends heavily on the facts of your case. A seasoned Panorama City motor vehicle accident lawyer will determine your economic and non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best decision on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer's job is to negotiate with the insurance providers on your behalf until they acquire a top offer from the insurance provider. If that offer is fair, you settle. Otherwise, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Factors that impact settlement value consist of:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it's much more difficult to obtain a high settlement from them. If the motorist has no or minimal insurance, the claim might need to depend on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether obligation is clear or contested. As an example, the other event might not contest obligation in a rear-end accident yet may in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one responsible party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party showed gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical costs as well as other losses, such as missed income from work.
- Your ability to return to work.
- The change in your quality of life prior to and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses.
Contact our law firm if you 'd like more info regarding the potential value of your case.
Our Accident Attorneys Are Here to Assist You
If you suffered injuries in an automobile accident, or someone you love tragically passed away, let the automobile accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm help you assess and know your legal rights and potential remedies. Further, we can help you receive the compensation you need to recover completely.
The automobile accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm have experience working with Panorama City motorists and passengers that suffered injuries in car accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to focus on the important and difficult tasks of recovery and getting your life back in order.
At Drake Law Firm, we've assisted numerous personal injury clients to get the compensation they require to recover. We won't let you accept unfair treatment from other law firms and we will defend you from beginning to end. If you need help with Car Accident Lawyer in Panorama City, California, give us a call at (844) 513-7253 for a FREE consultation or visit our website at DrakeLawGroup.com to get started on your case today!