Panorama City Automobile Accident Lawyer
Drake Law Firm Has Experience Assisting Automobile Accident Victims
Bear in mind that getting assistance from a professional and skilled car accident lawyer may be critical. This is especially true after a significant injury.
If you delay too long in seeking your claims or fail to fully understand your damages, essential evidence might vanish. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery.
We know that when you have severe injuries, you can not carefully and immediately analyze the cause of the accident and gather information. It is even harder to deal with the insurance providers.
Allow our Panorama City automobile accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not let the other motorist talk you into skipping this important step. It can cause problems later on.
- Exchange info with the other motorist. Take good pictures of the other side's I.D. and insurance information. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Take down witness info. Independent witness testimony can be vital to your claim.
- Take photos of the accident scene and also the damage to your vehicle as well as the other vehicles.
- Seek medical attention. If you have injuries, visit the emergency room or seek medical attention immediately. You might have sustained much more severe injuries than you realized. Further, an extensive gap between an accident as well as medical care can make it hard for your lawyer to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Contact our Panorama City car accident lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you have an attorney, the faster they can start defending your legal rights. Also, call a lawyer before you speak to any auto insurance provider. They will often try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After a Car Accident?
- Medical costs, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, etc.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and psychological anguish for which a person can pursue compensation in a lawsuit.
- Lost income from missing work after a serious injury, among the most financially harmful elements of a car accident.
What Are the Most Typical Automobile Accident Injuries?
There are a range of injuries that can result from car accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is much more significant, it can need surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are usually soft tissue injuries that resolve with treatment. However, sometimes accident victims suffer herniated discs that may require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether mild (like a concussion) or severe, TBIs can require years of treatment. They can also result in brain death, vegetative states, comas, and even death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims sustain large cuts that require stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries frequently require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, but it can also come from airbags. Our firm has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Death-- Tragically, hundreds of individuals die every year in Panorama City area car accidents.
What Elements Affect My Settlement?
Calculating just how much compensation you should anticipate from your settlement can be difficult since the amount depends greatly on the facts of your case. A knowledgeable Panorama City motor vehicle accident attorney will calculate your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the right decision on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer's job is to negotiate with the insurance carriers on your behalf until they get a top offer from the insurance carrier. If that offer is fair, you settle. Otherwise, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Factors that affect settlement value include:
- The extent of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it's much more difficult to acquire a high settlement from them. If the driver has no or minimum insurance, the case might need to rely on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether responsibility is clear or objected to. As an example, the other event might not dispute liability in a rear-end accident but may in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one liable party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party showed gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical costs as well as other losses, such as missed wages from work.
- Your ability to return to work.
- The change in your quality of life prior to and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses.
Get in touch with our law firm if you 'd like more information about the potential value of your case.
Our Accident Attorneys Are Here to Assist You
If you sustained injuries in an auto accident, or someone you love tragically died, let the car accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm help you evaluate and understand your rights and potential solutions. Further, we can help you get the compensation you need to recover completely.
The automobile accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm have experience working with Panorama City motorists and passengers that sustained injuries in car accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the essential and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
At Drake Law Firm, we've assisted numerous personal injury clients to get the compensation they require to recover. We won't let you accept unfair treatment from other law firms and we will defend you from beginning to end. If you need help with an Automobile Accident Lawyer in Panorama City, California, give us a call at (844) 513-7253 for a FREE consultation or visit our website at DrakeLawGroup.com to get started on your case today!