Reseda Automobile Accident Lawyer
Drake Law Firm Has Experience Serving Automobile Accident Victims
Keep in mind that acquiring help from a qualified and seasoned motor vehicle accident attorney may be vital. This is especially true after a severe injury.
If you delay too long in seeking your claims or fail to fully comprehend your damages, crucial evidence might vanish. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery.
We know that when you have serious injuries, you can not thoroughly and instantly analyze the cause of the accident and also gather information. It is even harder to handle the insurance companies.
Let our Reseda automobile accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After an Automobile Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not allow the other motorist to talk you into skipping this important step. It can lead to issues later.
- Exchange info with the other driver. Take good pictures of the other party's I.D. and insurance info. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Note witness information. Independent witness testimony can be critical to your claim.
- Take photos of the accident scene as well as the damages to your vehicle as well as the other vehicles.
- Seek medical care. If you have injuries, go to the emergency room or seek medical care immediately. You might have suffered far more severe injuries than you realized. Additionally, a long gap between an accident and also medical treatment can make it hard for your attorney to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Call our Reseda car accident attorneys immediately. The sooner you have an attorney, the sooner they can start protecting your legal rights. Also, call a lawyer before you talk to any auto insurance carrier. They will often try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After an Automobile Accident?
- Medical expenses, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, etc.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and psychological anguish for which a person can pursue compensation in a case.
- Lost income from missing work after a major injury, one of the most financially detrimental elements of a car accident.
What Are the Most Typical Automobile Accident Injuries?
There are a range of injuries that can result from auto accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is more severe, it can need surgery to repair.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are often soft tissue injuries that resolve with therapy. However, sometimes accident victims suffer herniated discs that may require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether minor (like a concussion) or severe, TBIs can require years of medical care. They may also result in brain death, vegetative states, comas, and also death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims suffer large cuts that need stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries frequently require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, yet it can also come from airbags. Our firm has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Fatality-- Unfortunately, hundreds of people die every year in Reseda area auto accidents.
What Variables Impact My Settlement?
Calculating how much compensation you should expect from your settlement can be hard because the amount depends heavily on the facts of your case. A knowledgeable Reseda automobile accident attorney will calculate your economic and non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best choice on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your attorney's job is to negotiate with the insurance carriers on your behalf until they acquire a top offer from the insurance carrier. If that offer is reasonable, you settle. Otherwise, your attorney can file a lawsuit.
Aspects that affect settlement value include:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it's much harder to acquire a high settlement from them. If the motorist has no or minimal insurance, the case might have to depend on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether obligation is clear or objected to. For instance, the other event may not dispute obligation in a rear-end accident yet may in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one responsible party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party acted with gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical costs as well as other losses, such as missed wages from work.
- Your ability to return to work.
- The change in your quality of life prior to and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket costs.
Call our law firm if you 'd like more info regarding the possible value of your case.
Our Accident Attorneys Are Here to Assist You
If you suffered injuries in an auto accident, or somebody you love tragically passed away, let the motor vehicle accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm help you assess and know your rights and possible remedies. Further, we can help you get the compensation you need to recover completely.
The automobile accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm have experience representing Reseda motorists and passengers who sustained injuries in automobile accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the important and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
At Drake Law Firm, we've assisted numerous personal injury clients to get the compensation they require to recover. We won't let you accept unfair treatment from other law firms and we will defend you from beginning to end. If you need help with an Automobile Accident in Reseda, California, give us a call at (844) 513-7253 for a FREE consultation or visit our website at DrakeLawGroup.com to get started on your case today!