North Hollywood Automobile Accident Lawyer
Drake Law Firm Has Experience Assisting Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
Bear in mind that obtaining help from a competent and skilled automobile accident attorney may be vital. This is particularly true after a significant injury.
If you delay too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully understand your damages, essential evidence might vanish. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your healing.
We understand that when you have serious injuries, you can not carefully and instantly analyze the source of the accident and collect information. It is even more difficult to handle the insurance companies.
Let our North Hollywood auto accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After an Automobile Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not let the other motorist talk you into skipping this crucial step. It can cause problems later.
- Exchange info with the other driver. Take good photos of the other side's I.D. and insurance info. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Take down witness info. Independent witness testimony can be critical to your case.
- Take photos of the accident scene and the damage to your vehicle as well as the other vehicles.
- Get medical attention. If you have injuries, visit the emergency room or seek medical care right away. You might have suffered much more severe injuries than you realized. Additionally, a long gap between an accident and medical treatment can make it difficult for your lawyer to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Contact our North Hollywood auto accident lawyers immediately. The sooner you have a lawyer, the sooner they can start protecting your legal rights. Also, call an attorney before you speak to any car insurance provider. They will often try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Medical costs, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance fees, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and mental distress for which a person can pursue compensation in a claim.
- Lost income from missing work after a major injury, among the most financially harmful aspects of a motor vehicle accident.
What Are the Most Usual Car Accident Injuries?
There are a number of injuries that can result from car accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is much more significant, it can need surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are commonly soft tissue injuries that resolve with therapy. However, in some cases accident victims suffer herniated discs that may need injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether mild (like a concussion) or extreme, TBIs can require years of medical care. They may also cause brain death, vegetative states, comas, and also death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims suffer large cuts that require stitches or staples and frequently leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries frequently require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, but it can also come from airbags. Our firm has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Fatality-- Tragically, hundreds of people die each year in North Hollywood area car accidents.
What Factors Impact My Settlement?
Determining just how much compensation you should anticipate from your settlement can be hard since the amount depends greatly on the facts of your case. A seasoned North Hollywood motor vehicle accident lawyer will determine your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best decision on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer's job is to negotiate with the insurance carriers on your behalf until they get a top offer from the insurance company. If that offer is fair, you settle. If not, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Factors that impact settlement value include:
- The severity of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the motorist has little to no insurance, it's much harder to get a high settlement from them. If the driver has no or minimal insurance, the claim might need to rely on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether obligation is clear or contested. For instance, the other party may not dispute obligation in a rear-end accident however may in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one responsible party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party showed gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical costs and other losses, such as lost wages from work.
- Your ability to return to work.
- The change in your quality of life prior to and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket costs.
Contact our law firm if you 'd like more info about the potential value of your claim.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Assist You
If you suffered injuries in an auto accident, or someone you love tragically passed away, allow the car accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm help you assess and know your rights and possible remedies. Further, we can help you obtain the compensation you need to recover completely.
The automobile accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm have experience working with North Hollywood drivers and passengers that suffered injuries in automobile accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is needed to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the important and difficult tasks of recovery and getting your life back in order.
At Drake Law Firm, we've assisted numerous personal injury clients to get the compensation they require to recover. We won't let you accept unfair treatment from other law firms and we will defend you from beginning to end. If you need help with an Automobile Accident Lawyer in North Hollywood, California, give us a call at (844) 513-7253 for a FREE consultation or visit our website at DrakeLawGroup.com to get started on your case today!