Northridge Car Accident Lawyer
Drake Law Firm Has Experience Serving Car Accident Victims
Remember that acquiring help from a qualified and seasoned automobile accident attorney can be critical. This is particularly true after a serious injury.
If you delay too long in seeking your claims or fail to fully comprehend your damages, important evidence might vanish. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your healing.
We know that when you have severe injuries, you can not carefully and instantly examine the cause of the accident and also gather information. It is even more difficult to handle the insurance providers.
Let our Northridge auto accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After an Automobile Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not let the other motorist talk you into skipping this important step. It can result in problems later.
- Exchange info with the other driver. Take good pictures of the other party's I.D. and insurance information. Some police departments will not make this information publicly available on the police report.
- Note witness information. Independent witness testimony can be vital to your claim.
- Take photos of the accident scene as well as the damage to your car and the other vehicles.
- Seek medical attention. If you have injuries, visit the emergency room or seek medical attention as soon as possible. You might have sustained far more severe injuries than you realized. Additionally, a long gap between an accident as well as medical care can make it hard for your attorney to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Call our Northridge auto accident lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you have an attorney, the sooner they can begin defending your legal rights. Additionally, call a lawyer before you speak to any auto insurance company. They will usually try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later on.
What Damages Can I Have After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Medical expenses, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and mental distress for which an individual can pursue compensation in a lawsuit.
- Lost income from missing work after a major injury, among the most financially damaging elements of an automobile accident.
What Are the Most Typical Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries?
There are a number of injuries that can result from auto accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is much more significant, it can need surgery to fix.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are typically soft tissue injuries that resolve with treatment. However, in some cases accident victims sustain herniated discs that may require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether mild (like a concussion) or severe, TBIs can require years of treatment. They can also lead to brain death, vegetative states, comas, and even death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims sustain large cuts that need stitches or staples and often leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries frequently require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, yet it can also come from airbags. Our firm has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Death-- Unfortunately, hundreds of individuals die every year in Northridge area car accidents.
What Elements Impact My Settlement?
Determining how much compensation you should anticipate from your settlement can be hard since the amount depends greatly on the facts of your case. A knowledgeable Northridge automobile accident attorney will determine your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the right choice on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer's job is to negotiate with the insurance providers on your behalf until they obtain a top offer from the insurance company. If that offer is reasonable, you settle. If not, your attorney can file a lawsuit.
Variables that affect settlement value include:
- The extent of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the driver has little to no insurance, it's much more difficult to get a high settlement from them. If the driver has no or minimum insurance, the claim may need to rely on your own uninsured/underinsured driver coverage for compensation.
- Whether liability is clear or disputed. As an example, the other event may not dispute responsibility in a rear-end accident yet could in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one responsible party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party showed gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical expenses as well as other losses, such as lost income from work.
- Your ability to go back to work.
- The change in your quality of life before and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket expenses.
Contact our law firm if you 'd like more information about the possible value of your case.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Assist You
If you sustained injuries in an automobile accident, or somebody you love tragically passed away, let the motor vehicle accident attorneys at Drake Law Firm help you evaluate and know your legal rights and potential solutions. Further, we can help you get the compensation you need to recover fully.
The auto accident lawyers at Drake Law Firm have experience representing Northridge motorists and passengers that sustained injuries in auto accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the essential and difficult tasks of healing and getting your life back in order.
At Drake Law Firm, we've assisted numerous personal injury clients to get the compensation they require to recover. We won't let you accept unfair treatment from other law firms and we will defend you from beginning to end. If you need help with Car Accidents in Northridge, California, give us a call at (844) 513-7253 for a FREE consultation or visit our website at DrakeLawGroup.com to get started on your case today!